Monday, September 27, 2010

3D Panasonic HDC-SDT750 camcorder

The big 3D customer electronics rollout continues with the introduction of the first consumer-grade 3D camcorder, the Panasonic HDC-SDT750K. I recently blogged about using the Fujifilm's FinePix Real 3D W1 digital camera, which impressed me when I viewed its 3D photos on our reference 3D plasma display. So it was with great anticipation that I greeted the arrival of the HDC-SDT750K at our lab.
With visions of spectacular 3D videos dancing in my head, I took the camcorder to New York City. It looked and felt like a regular camcorder, though when I was in the field I did get the occasional stare from passersby as they eyed its oversized 3D lens. It has the usual flip-style LCD display for reviewing videos, but you can't tell how realistic the 3D effect is until you view the videos on a 3D TV.

On my little trip, I shot city streets, people walking, and buildings, while keeping subjects in both foreground and background to maximize the 3D effect. When I got back to the lab, I shot some more video to see how the 3D effect would fare in an indoor lighting. Then I connected the camcorder to the TV and put the TV into "side-by-side" 3D mode.

0 comments:

Post a Comment